The flooring trade show season has just a few more weeks to go too and so far it has been a good one. Coming off the International Surface Event in Las Vegas, there is definitely a lot of things to be excited about. The Mandalay Bay played host to another wonderful event.
There was also a great turnout of our ‘Lunch & Learn’, where Head of Sales Enablement for SEM Partners, at Google Ben Tyson spoke about how to make your business succeed online. The focus was to help flooring retailers better understand digital marketing and how it can capture the customer of today.
Here are a few highlights:
• Flooring Searches are skyrocketing – 90 Million monthly searches for the word flooring
• 89 percent of consumers take action after seeing an ad on a smartphone
• Only 21 percent of flooring retailers have a mobile friendly site
• 86 percent of consumers that land on your non-mobile friendly will leave and likely go to a competitor
• Your page ranking will decrease if you don’t have a mobile friendly site
• You can’t do nothing with your website because your competitors will put you out of business
Tyson summed it up pretty simply – find a Google Partner, like FloorForce and Search Kings, to help you out. When you do that, you can grab the attention of these new-age consumers online.
Like customers, times are changing and we all need to stay up to speed as technology continues to progress. If you don’t jump on board, you will be on a sinking ship. Understanding digital marketing and how it can help you is extremely important. More and more people in your community are using the Internet to find restaurants, flooring retailers and a multitude of other merchandise. Not to mention these new customers are finding reviews on businesses, products and services, which can lead to them either calling you or going to a competitor.
Our goal is to have them pick up the phone to call you or shoot you an email from your FloorForce website. Once we get them in your hands, the rest is up to you. Seal the deal and reap the rewards of having a presence online.
It may sound scary, but putting your faith and money in digital marketing is the way of the present and future. Stick with a Google Partner like FloorForce, and we will be with you every step of the way in your journey into the digital age.